Monday, March 19, 2007

¡Uf!

¡Uf! (pronounced "ooff") is a common expression in Spanish to express overwhelming feelings. That is how I feel right now. I just sent my letter of resignation to Holland Christian. The plan is to stay here another year, and I'm very excited but sad, too. I am going to miss you all (those of you reading this that won't be in Spain with me next year)! I am sad to end the HC part of my life. I will miss the students and their excitement for life and the camaraderie of the staff. But, at the same time, I'm excited to start a new part of my life...for now in Spain...in the future, wherever God leads me! Thanks for the prayers!

2 comments:

denhartigh said...

Congratulations on your decison. Breathe a sigh of relief. I'm sad that it will be a while before I see you again but I, too, am excited for your future. Sounds like you made a good decision! At least we have blogging to keep us connected.

Laurie said...

I second Steph's congratulations. (I was kind of hoping you would stay in Spain since you sound like you are enjoying it so much and having quite a few adventures.) Besides, Michigan weather really stinks most of the time. ;) If you start to miss home, just think of a cold January day driving in about a foot of snow and then arriving at school to find out it's cancelled. That should reaffirm your decision. =)

Live it up! And then blog about it!