Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Perfect Weekend (Text)

Every once in a while you have a perfect weekend...it's sunny and warm so you play hard, you pray hard, and you thank God for your life. That was my weekend. Saturday I taught my "Spanish kids", played a great tennis match in the Spanish sun with my new friend Guille, went back to the park to pray, planned my upcoming trip to Portugal with Maureen, and went to an incredible Greek restaurant for dinner with friends. On Sunday I went to church and took my Spanish roommate, Ana, along! We stayed for a delicious potluck and then went for a walk in a gorgeous park. Later I went to Liz's house to catch up over some eyebrow maintenance, and then ran with Julie in Retiro. It was balmy out even after dark!

The neatest thing about Sunday was that Ana really enjoyed the protestant church service. Ana is catholic, like most Spanish people, and didn't know anything about protestantism, like most Spanish people. The singing at the beginning of the service brought tears to her eyes, she loved how we all seemed like a family, and she was really surprised that there were no images or icons in the church. It was cool having her there and seeing my church through her eyes. Oh, and to add to the perfection of the weekend, we sang all my favorite songs on Sunday! :)

Check out the pictures below! Oh, and did I mention that it had to be at least 70 out? But don't get too jealous, it was cold today.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

While reading your blog, I find myself both loving and hating you. Love the details, pictures, the contentment on your face, the adventures you seem to have every day.

HATE YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT THE WEATHER. Seriously, stop it already. ;) What does cold mean in Spain anyway? 59 degrees?