Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My First Day of Elementary School

One of the many interesting questions my students asked me today was, "What school do you go to?" Well, in case you don't know the answer to that question, I "go" to Pine Ridge and South Side elementary schools everyday. I am teaching again for Holland Christian, but now my students are slightly younger than before. (In fact, I have the daughter of a former student...yes, I'm old.) After one day working with elementary school children I would describe them as: endearing, adaptable, inquisitive, intelligent, excitable, and happy. Here were some of my favorite comments of the day (most of which I never heard from my high schoolers):
-Me: "Where are you from if your Mexican?"
-One first grader: "China"

-(interrupting class) "Can someone tie my shoe?"

-"I speak four languages." (This is funny because he doesn't, and he couldn't remember which four.)

-(telling me as she left the room) "I like you."

And finally, one I think I have heard from a high school student or two...
-(exasperated) Why are you making us do this?!" (as I "made" them stand up and sit down repeatedly on the hottest day of the summer)

I love kids!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hehehe, you are so sweet princess and I love how you talk about kids, you are adorable :)
God bless you a lot!!

Laurie said...

First of all, welcome back to Michigan.

Second of all, if you love kids so much ... do you want to babysit mine?

Thirdly, how come I don't ever get sweet comments like the one Guillermo wrote? :)

Anonymous said...

ha ha! sounds like fun! i would love to be a fly on the wall in your classroom!