Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ambling Otra Vez

Since I'm ambling otra vez (again), I decided I needed to write a blog entry. Guille found it funny that all my friends wanted "details" about our engagement...here they are! (See pictures below, too!)

I arrived to Cancun on Christmas day. I think I was about eight years old when I last spent Christmas in a warm climate, so it sure didn't feel like Christmas! But the lights, nativity scenes, Santas, and yes, even snowmen, told me it was.

That night Guille took me to beautiful restaurant over the sea, Lorenzillos. We ate out on the deck over the water, and after dinner Guille asked me to marry him! The whole thing was almost dreamlike since I was rather sleepy, but I definitely said "sí"!

Next, we headed to Campeche where we are spending time with Guille's family and friends and doing a little site seeing. Don Guillermo and Doña Ilsa, as I call them, happily welcomed me to their beautiful home.

Campechito, as Guille affectionately calls it, is where he grew up. It's a charming city set right on coast of the Gulf of Mexico. Campeche (the city) is the capital of the state Campeche, and just one of the state's many treasures is the Mayan ruins of Edzna that we visited on Monday.

I still have a lot to look forward to on this trip, aside from spending more time with my fiancé! For New Year's Eve, as is custom, we are planning on a formal family dinner at home and then going out with friends. We're going to visit more ruins, such as Chichen Itza. And, of course, we plan to do some relaxing on the beach!

As far as the big day goes...we'll keep you informed!




4 comments:

Amanda Brouwer said...

Thanks for the update-I appreciate the "detalles"!

Laurie said...

Holy moly! Congratulations Amanda. You look beautiful ... and very happy.

Happy, happy new year!

Susan M. Nelson said...

I am so glad you wrote this entry. I checked just in case and am thankful I did. Happy New Year, Amanda! Have a wonderful rest of your time there.

Julie said...

Amanda, do you have any wedding pictures you could post?... please!! I don't see you anymore since we're at different schools so I'd LOVE to see some pics! :) Thanks chica!