Monday, May 14, 2007

¡Cómo vuela el tiempo!

Time flies! Wow, last post April 22. Time has flown. Actually when I think about this school year, I can say the same thing, time flies! Then again, when I think about September it seems years in the past! I think (hope) it's because I've learned so much since then. I've learned how to not only ride, but dominate the Metro. (That means that I plan out where I stand on the platform because I know where the exits and hallways are at each stop, and I know that if I hurry in Sol between the yellow and red lines I can make the switch without waiting.) I've learned LOTS of new words. I've learned how to order in cafés. ("Put me a sandwich" instead of "I would like a sandwich, please".) I've learned so much about Spanish art and history that I can't look at a building without looking for "arcos de medio punto" (no idea how to say that in English...half-point arches??). I've learned so much subjunctive that I can't hear a sentence without separating the principal and subordinate clauses in my head. Yes, even though the year has flown, September was in a different lifetime. Now I am essentially done! (I say "essentially" because I have till Friday to turn in one more thing, but it's basically finished.) If I didn't screw up my five final papers (the reason for no posts since April 22), I'm done! I will have that degree in hand before I know it!

I didn't waste anytime converting myself into a tourist again after my studies were complete. My brothers and Chris' girlfriend came to visit me yesterday. We'll be in Madrid for a few days and then traveling through Northern Spain and Southern France.

So, I've got to sleep. Mañana we ride the "Madrid Vision" tour bus. I'm excited. I haven't done that yet!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Congrats on completing the program! Enjoy some time off and visting with your brother.

Vamanos. (Spanish I learned from Dora the Explorer. Thanks Nick Jr.)

Michelle said...

Congratulations Amanda, I'll be in Paris this week if you happen to swing through there.

Enjoy your travels with your brothers!

Laurie said...

That sounds very casual Michelle. "I'll be in Paris this week."

OH YEAH, I may be in Grandville.

Julie said...

si es verdad, rusi...recuerdas del middlebury...fue hace una eternidad! pero no te preocupes, nos queda un ano mas :)