Tuesday, October 16, 2007

¡I Have a Piso!

Yea! After being here for three weeks, I finally found a piso (apartment). I’m really excited about it, too. I will be living with an American (from California) and a Spanish girl. They are both a couple years older than me and seem really nice. We each have our own room and will share a decent sized bathroom. There is also a big living room, kitchen and dining area. My room is pretty small, but it has tons of closet space, so I think it’ll be just fine. The best part is the location. It’s in the neighborhood where I wanted to live… many call it the nicest neighborhood in Madrid, and it’s only a three minute walk from Retiro Park where I like to run. ☺ Two of my good American friends live within a five-ten minute walk, and it’s on the Metro line that goes to my work. Yea! I should be moving in this weekend.

8 comments:

Julie said...

enhorabuena amanda!
te vamos a echar de menos....sobre todo luquito!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! How nice to have your a place to live. I'd love to see pictures!

Unknown said...

Felicidades otra Amanda! Quiero ver fotos en cuanto las tengas!

Amanda en Michigan (que va a Mexico para el viaje de novios!!!!!!!!)

Susan M. Nelson said...

I am so glad to hear that you are settled in. I finally got used to you being in MI and now I forget that you are back in Spain! I can't wait till Christmas.

Julie said...

amanda you have not been ambling much lately. paco and i are bored!

Julie said...

amanda you have not been ambling much recently! paco and i are bored!

Anonymous said...

Srta-
Hola! I feel like it's been so very long since I have checked out your blog.. sorry about that! But congrats on finding the new apartment, it sounds like a huge blessing. I hope that all is going well, and I will continue to check up on you frequently (that was my subtle way of saying that you should update more.)
-Elizabeth Wright

Laurie said...

Amanda! I must admit I haven't checked your blog in awhile. So, I went back and read all the entries I have missed (only 4??:) and caught up on your life. Congrats on the great apt., fun job, and cute kids to tutor.

I promise to check in more regularly since I WAS your #1 commentor and would hate to lose my title.