Thursday, April 12, 2007

I'm free!

I’m free to eat all the sugar I want. I feel so liberated! Even though I cheated a few times (in very small quantities ☺), my giving up sugar for Lent was a successful experience. How so? Well, I did not lose weight or keep my promise 100%, but I learned a lot. I learned that I do have self-control (which reminds me of one of my favorite verses: “God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of love, power, and self-control”). I also learned that it’s silly to use food to make me feel better. But, overall, the biggest lessons came from my falls and the end of the forty days. The experience was a good analogy of sin and forgiveness. When I gave into temptation, I remembered that I’m not perfect; I’m a sinner and God forgives me. When Easter came and I could eat whatever I wanted, and it really was a liberating feeling! Well, that is precisely how we should feel as Christians. We should feel the joy of being forgiven and free to enjoy life’s pleasures. Christ has liberated us. (Now I’m going to go eat a Cadbury Egg… thanks, Mom!) ☺

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

senorita-
amen.
-elizabeth wright

oh yes, and im glad to hear that all is well.. congrats on the sugar thing :)

Laurie said...

Cheers. I am toasting the end of your sugar fast, your self-control, and God's forgiveness as I raise my Reese's Pieces Egg to your Cadbury one! =)

Glad to hear from your part of the world again.