Monday, February 18, 2008

Lambs and Love

Here are a few pictures to summarize my weekend. Friday my friend Maureen and I went to a pueblo (town) an hour and a half away from Madrid called Sigüenza. It was a chilly but gorgeous day, and it was just nice to get out of the bustling city for a while. As Maureen and I were walking up the path on the side of the town (first pic), we heard some bells. Then we saw the big herd of sheep they were attached to! It's not uncommon to see sheep in Spanish countryside. They come complete with a shepherd and a dog! We had fun taking pictures of them in front of the castle. Then we went to lunch, and you can guess what we ordered. ;) (I'm not exactly an animal rights activist, as most of you know.)





On Saturday I went to Julia and César's wedding. They are friends of mine from church. It was a very fun and tiring day. Many of us from the church pitched in to pull off a wedding and reception for 100+ people. I made the guacamole (which was a huge hit)...I'm known for it at church. And, no, people here don't eat Mexican food. Most people ask what it is, try it, and then say, "Oh! That's spicy!" Anyway, it was a beautiful ceremony for two wonderful people. Julia is German and César is Colombian so it was international with part of it translated from Spanish to German. It was at noon, but I got there at 10:30 to help with the food. I left around 9...after the ceremony, appetizers, lunch, clean-up, a slide show, a flamenco dance by a girl in the church, and then a good couple hours of dancing. It was quite the day!

Here are some pics from the wedding. The first one is Orlando (from the Xmas party), the happy couple, and me; and the second one is my good friend José and me.



2 comments:

Neogeezer said...

The shepherd took a nice picture of you and Maureen.
I hope you did not get too hungry having to wait for one of those sheep to be processed.

Laurie said...

I remember your guacamole ... yum ... and now I'm hungry.