Saturday, February 17, 2007

No Blizzard Here

While you Michiganders were trying to keep warm and dry yesterday I was running outside in capris and a tank top! I couldn't believe how warm it was here...mid sixties! Then the wind blew in a storm. That was pretty exciting, too, since it was the first time I heard thunder here. It was nothing compared to a Michigan storm, but I liked listening to it.

I've been having a great semester...not too much work so far. I did a group presentation last Tuesday and my first paper is due this Tuesday. Midterms are right around the corner so my stress-free days are over.

At the H.S. where I intern on Fridays I decided to read my students a book in English. So, I found an English bookstore and bought Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing (grr...italics don't work) by Judy Blume. How fun, huh!? I read them the first chapter and I they seemed to enjoy and understand it. (They read along on photocopies, so I think that helped.) I liked it too. :) It's one of those books that entertain both kids and adults.

Enjoy the snow! I'm going for a run in the sun.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Hey - You don't have to rub it in! My arms are not ready for tank tops anyway. Can you say, "winter white"?

denhartigh said...

HIGHLY jealous! I have 2 layers on right now. It's actually "warm" out this week... It's in the 30s! Yippee.

Michelle said...

Hey Amanda,
I finally found my way to your blog. Sounds like you are enjoying Spain. I am very jealous of the 60's. That sounds absolutely wonderful!! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures!